The sun had just began to rise over the trees within the ethereal forest and dissipated the dew that had remained from the nights cold chill. A figure stalked through the underbrush and stopped by a nearby tree. It seems that this being had been deemed worthy of closer investigation by another figure.
The second person was following quietly behind the first with ghostly silence. The first figure stopped and tilted it’s head to listen for the presence of another. Once it decided that it was alone, it squatted down at the base of a tree and reached into it’s cloak. It withdrew a small, glowing crystal. The investigator mentioned prior slowly left his hiding place for a better vantage point. Snap! The first being looked up with a jerk. Placing the crystal back within the confines of his cloak and looked around for the source of the sound.
“I know you’re there!” He called out into the wooded clearing.
“What good does it accomplish, calling out like that.” Said the investigator.
“Why are you following me?” Asked the hooded man.
“I seek something of great value. Something I believe you possess.” Replied the other.
“If you think you can take it from me, you have a false impression of my ability.” He retorted.
“I will have it, even if I must lose my own life for the benefit of peace.” Said he in reply.
“You speak of peace, what harm could this mortal object cause?” Asked the first man.
“It’s a cursed remnant of the old age. It grants power while consuming the wielder.” Said the investigator.
“I don’t believe you, if you want it, you will have to pry it from my lifeless body!” The hooded man said.
“So be it.”

-Max
 Amateur Writer/Novelist

No comments:

Post a Comment